The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is an agreement between THE 16 member states and territories of WICHE, through which more than 160 participating public schools and universities offer Western students high savings in non-resident education. I plan to apply to a school that is part of the WUE. Do I automatically receive discounted education? Many countries have programs that allow residents to attend a university in another state without having to pay extra-state tuition fees. Ask your state or the universities you are interested in about available exchange of study or reciprocity programs and apply for registration. FAFSA is generally not required for these programs. Each participating school has the right to manage the reduction of studies in WUE according to its own rules. You should check the admissions or financial support of the school you are interested in to make sure you know what your school needs. For example, if you live in a wiche country or territory, you can apply for any CAP graduate program as a WICHE-WRGP candidate and, if you are accepted, pay for courses in Colorado resident. Learn more. Since total non-resident tuition fees can exceed 300% of resident rates, the WUE increases affordable higher education offerings for students and minimizes the negative effects of student credit debt. Western Undergraduate Exchange is a study reduction program run by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). It is not a needs-based curriculum, which means that many students can benefit from more affordable extra-national training.

Please note that WICHE does not set qualification criteria for WUE candidates, we do not process applications or take part in the student competition. It is equally important that the reduction in the WUE education rate is not automatically attributed to all eligible applicants. Most institutions limit the number of new WUE awards each academic year, so apply at an early stage! To be eligible, you must live in one of the WICHE member states and attend a participating school in another Wiche country (not in your home country). Here is a complete list of WICHE countries: The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) helps higher education systems in the western United States share resources, including reciprocity of studies.